- 4-6 chicken breasts
- 4-6 slices ham
- 4-6 slices of Havarti cheese
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
Slice chicken breasts ALMOST in half. Flatten with a meat mallet or heavy-bottomed glass (beat up the chicken. AAAAAAAH!). Put one slice of cheese and one slice of ham on each chicken breast and roll up like a kid in a blanket. Tuck the ends in and stab it with a toothpick to hold it together.
Mix flour, Parmesan cheese, sage and pepper in a bowl and roll the chicken rolls through it. Put the chicken rolls on a plate in the fridge for 1 hour.
After 1 hour, put cream of chicken soup and broth in a pan to warm up.
At the same time, heat the oil in a pan on the stove. Brown the chicken on all sides (careful, the oil spits) then put it in the crock pot. Dump the soup mix on top. Cover the crock pot and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
Remember to take out the toothpicks before you eat it!
We ate ours with jasmine rice and steamed broccoli.
KID RATING: ****
- Chef Bri - "the sauce is my favorite. But the chicken got over cooked on the bottom and was a little crunchy on one place."
- Kairi - "AWESOME! I love HAM! I didn't like the crunchy stuff though."
- Charis - "I love the whole food. The meat and rice is soooo good and creamy"
- Jocelyn - "I like it. It is heart-filled yummy to me!"
- Xander - "Yea!" (he ate everything except the broccoli)