- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup natural crunchy Peanut Butte
- 1 tablespoon Thai Red Curry Paste
- Juice from 1 Lime
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauc
- 2 tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 teaspoons Toasted Sesame Oil
- Pinch of Cracked Black Pepper
- Pinch of Cinnamon
- Pinch of Cayenne
- 2 pounds Chicken Breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup diced Onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil, we use organic and unrefined
- 1 cup chopped Asparagus Spears, cut into 1 inch pieces
Sauce: In a medium bowl whisk together the peanut butter, coconut milk, curry paste, lime juice, soy sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil, honey & seasonings to form a sauce. Taste and change anything if you want to. Set aside.
Chicken: Heat coconut oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add onion & garlic, stirring and cooking until just getting smelly ('fragrant' is the proper term). Add chicken, cook until golden brown and cooked through about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally. Stir sauce into chicken and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add asparagus during the last few minutes of cook time.
We added crushed peanuts, coconut, and water chestnuts to ours and served it over jasmine rice and with steamed broccoli.
- Daddy, mommy, and I loved it! A total hit! I think Daddy and I had thirds...
- Charis liked it all, except for the fact Jocelyn kept putting her asparagus on Charis' plate...
- Jocelyn ate it, she eats anything, but wouldn't give me more than a scary clown face when I asked if she liked it.
- Xander didn't like the 'peanut butter green stuff' and made a stink face.. then again, he is getting into the picky 5's.