- 1 Batch Of Your Favorite Pizza Dough
- ¼ cups Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Fine Corn Meal
- ½ cups Sweet Asian Chili Sauce, plus more for drizzling
- 1 whole Shallot, Thinly Sliced
- ½ whole Zucchini, Thinly Sliced
- ½ whole green pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ whole red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Flakes
- 1 cup Cooked Smoked Turkey, Shredded
- ⅔ cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ¼ cups Chopped Peanuts
Preheat your oven to 500 degrees F with a pizza stone in the oven. If you do not have a pizza stone, put a large baking sheet in the oven. (this is what we did because a pizza stone is on my wish list!)
Begin by adding some flour to your rolling surface. Take your dough that has already risen, and lightly knead it. Roll out the dough to about a 1/4 inch thick, or however your like the thickness of your crust. Put the dough on a surface that you can use to slide the entire pizza onto the hot pizza stone or pan. The corn meal helps assist with the pizza dough – so it slides off easily.
Place the pizza into the oven on your cooking surface (stone or pan) and cook for about 15 minutes, keeping an eye on your crust and toppings so they do not burn.
Once the pizza dough is golden around the edges and the cheese is nice and bubbly, remove pizza from the oven. Drizzle more of the Asian chili sauce over the top, top with the crushed peanuts.
In addition to the Thai Pizza, we also made a white pizza (alfredo, black and green olives, fresh garlic, and canadian bacon - but added cheddar to the mozzarella) for the no-spice kids in our home.
- Daddy - 'This is a really good pizza. Sure beats _______ Pizza'.
- Mommy - 'Oh. My. Gosh.... a great way to take care of cravings!'
- Bri - 'First a slice of one, then a slice of the other.. and I think I can fit just one more slice of the first one (Thai) in'
- Charis - 'I don't like the spicy, so I will have the alfredo.. but pick everything off except the sauce and the bread'.
- Kairi - 'I LOOOOOVE the spicy pizza!!! Can we have the leftovers for lunch tomorrow?'
- Jocelyn - 'yummy yummy yummy (singing to herself while she eats)'
- Xander - 'Bri, you make good pizzas. Can you make me a pizza for my birthday?'