Good Old Spaghetti

Sunday, September 28, 2008



For last Friday night, we had good old spaghetti since I wanted a kid's food.

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 lb ground beef
  • 1 yellow onion, minced
  • 1 medium green zucchini, diced small
  • 1 pkg whole wheat spaghetti noodles
  • 1 jar Ragu Garden Chunky spaghetti sauce
Brown the ground beef in a saucepan while crumbling with spatula. While that is browning, bring a large pan of water to boil over high heat. Drain and rinse meat before putting back into the saucepan. Add the onion, sauce, and zucchini. Bring to a simmer. While that is simmering, add the package of noodles to the water, cover, and boil according to the directions. Drain noodles before serving.

Serve the noodles covered in the spaghetti sauce, topped with Parmesan cheese. I served our meal with corn (that was steamed with butter and crushed garlic cloves) and garlic bread (french bread, butter, garlic, minced onion, parsley, and salt).


KID RATING: ****
  • Chef Bri - "I ate two servings of it all."
  • Kairi - "It was so yummy. I slurped my noodles and they hit me in the face!"
  • Charis - "Bri, you can make this tomorrow for breakfast."
  • Jocelyn - "Isn't there any left? I want more please."
  • Xander - "Nana - mmmmm!"
  • Daddy - "This is wonderful Bri, very flavorful."
  • Mommy - "This is honestly probably the best chunky 'mock-homemade' spaghetti sauce I have ever tasted Bri. A great comfort food meal!"

2 comments:

Denise Punger MD IBCLC said...

I like your kid ratings.

Bri!!! said...

I think the idea for this blog is so dang cute. This is definitely something I will remember for when my kids are older (I only have one right now, but we are hoping to have 4 kids:-)

This is Gonna Be Messy Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino