- 1 1/2 pounds, skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup lime juice (about 12 key limes or 4 regular limes)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, thinly sliced (6 cups)
- 1/2 small red cabbage, cored and thinly sliced (4 cups)
- 1 jicama (1 pound), peeled and cut into matchstick-thin strips (4 cups)
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces white cheddar cheese, cut into1/2-inch cubes (optional)
Heat pan over medium heat until hot. sprinkle chicken with 1/2 tsp salt. grill chicken 12 minutes or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with knife, turning over once. Transfer chicken to cutting board; cool slightly.
Prepare vinaigrette: in a bowl, with wire whisk, mix lime juice, oil, honey, and 1 tsp of salt. Cut chicken into 1/2 inch pieces; place in large bowl with remaining ingredients and vinaigrette; toss to combine. serve immediately.
Jicama is a new favorite veggie in this family. We loved the salad, and it is so refreshing on a hot, muggy, Texas day.